Sector: Oil & Gas Service, Unlisted, India
• Largest mud logging and allied service provider for oil and gas exploration in India.
• Has extensive experience in all formation wells in India and abroad.
• Commands more than 60% market share in the mud logging business in India.
• Forayed in airborne survey business by acquiring McPhar International (Canada), completed oil and gas mapping projects in India and South Africa.
• Website: www.ofiindia.com
Sector: Oil & Gas Services, Listed in Muscat, Oman
• Diversified businesses in Marine Offshore, Engineering and Contract Services mainly for oil companies.
• Owns and operates over 100 offshore vessels for Oil & Gas multinationals, one of the top ten largest offshore Support Vessels fleets in the world.
• Contract services offer catering services & permanent accommodation to employees/workers of the contractors to oil & gas majors.
• Website: www.renaissanceservices.com
Sector: Multi-brand Automotive Aftermarket, Unlisted, India
• Promoted by TVS & Sons, a USD 7.2bn group, leader in auto and parts distribution business
• One of the largest players in Indian automobile aftermarket offerings
• Presence in emergency roadside assistance, insurance broking and car accessories.
• Provides complete online – offline customer experience with 360 degree supply chain mapping at the backend.
• Website: www.mytvs.in
Sector: Steel Tubes and Pipes, Listed in India
• Leading manufacturer of Electric Resistance Welded (ERW) steel tubes and pipes in India with installed capacity of 2 million tones
• Offers ERW products under the ‘APL Apollo’ brand that finds applications in Irrigation, Housing, Modern Infrastructure and Automobiles
• Manufacturing plants are strategically located across India supported by nationwide distribution network.
• Introduced products manufactured through the latest direct forming technology (DFT) pipes, technology sourced from Italy.
• Recently introduced in-line galvanized (ILG) pipes in India, technology sourced from the US.
• Website: www.aplapollo.com
Sector: Pharmaceuticals, Listed in India
• Wide product portfolio in Pharmaceuticals (API & branded generics)
• 8 manufacturing plants (6 domestic and 2 overseas) across three continents. Overseas 2 API plants (Spain/Mexico) are US FDA approved
• Holding a 65% stake in Uquifa, an API company with state-of-the-art plants in Spain and Mexico supplying to global customers
• Uquifa has recently acquired a leading Hungarian company ‘Soneas’ which does contract development & manufacturing (CDMO) of fine chemicals for pharma and other industries
• Website: www.vivimedlabs.com
Sector: Infrastructure and Construction, Listed in India
• Mid-sized EPC Company based in India.
• Executes construction projects of road, bridges, railway, power plants, building, irrigation canals and sewerage systems.
• One of the few fully backward integrated infrastructure companies in India with Build Own Transfer (BOT) road assets where the lenders have agreed to a resolution plan to restructure debt.
• Currently under distress due to over leverage, the restructuring plan is in the process of implementation
• Website: www.supremeinfra.com
Sector: Logistics and Resources, Listed in India
• Diversified business interest in Coal, Oil & Gas exploration, Shipping and Dredging.
• Oil & Gas and Coal businesses to contribute majorly to future growth
• Website: www.mercator.in
Sector: O&G logistics, Listed in India
• Owns and operates a network of bulk liquid handling terminals and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals across 5 major ports in India.
• Sources POL (petroleum, oil & lubricants) products from outside India and distributes in the country.
• Presence in Auto LPG retail and commercial gas sourcing and distribution in India.
• ITOCHU is a joint venture partner in one of the subsidiary Company
• Website: www.aegisindia.com
Sector: Computers – Hardware/ mobile handset Distribution, Listed in India
• A leading IT & Telecom distribution company in India.
• Distributes products of the key mobile phone, computer and peripheral brands to resellers, retailers and system integrators.
• Strengthening / diversifying product portfolio by adding brands in Telecom and Enterprise segment.
• Website: www.compuageindia.com
Sector: Auto Ancillaries, Listed in India
• One of the leading manufacturers of automotive lighting & signaling components for 2 Wheelers in India.
• Diversified in manufacturing LED lights. Supplies Integrated Passenger Information System (IPIS) to Railways & public transports (Buses) in India.
• To diversify and strengthen its product portfolio further, the company entered in JVs and Technical collaboration with global OEMs.
• Website: www.fiemindustries.com
Sector: Real Estate, Listed in India
• Real estate developer with a focus on affordable housing in the state of Maharashtra, India.
• With a large land bank of nearly 9 million sq. ft., the company is well positioned to take advantage of the growth opportunity in the affordable housing sector.
• Strong government thrust on affordable housing backed by the ‘Housing for All’ scheme would bode well for Poddar
• Website: www.poddarhousing.com
Sector: Watch Component Manufacturing and Watch Retail
• Manufacture of high precision watch components viz. dials and hands to global brands
• Also operates a chain of high-end luxury watch multi brand retail stores in India under “Ethos” brand
• Entered e-tailing of the luxury watches in the past few years which is potentially a huge value driver over the medium term with B2C ‘click and brick’ fulfilment model.
• Website: www.kddl.com, www.ethoswatches.com
Sector: Diagnostic Healthcare, Unlisted in India
• Provides radiology and Pathology services in government / private hospitals in India mostly under the PPP (public-private partnership) model.
• In a short span, the company has reached a scale of over 50 centres across various states in India.
• Follows unique Store-in-Store business model where it operates outsourced diagnostics centres within the hospital premises both in the government and private hospitals.
• Follows an online reporting mechanism via tele-radiology thereby reducing manpower cost.
• Website: www.krsnaadiagnostics.com
Sector: Microfinance, Unlisted in India
• Rapidly growing microfinance institution in North India headquartered in Jalandhar, Punjab
• Over 140 branches across several states in Northern India and cumulative disbursements of over USD 130mn
• Expanding across states through new centers and product launches
• Website: www.midlandmicrofin.com
Sector: Auto Ancillaries, Listed in India
• Manufactures forged components for commercial vehicles (CV) in domestic as well as overseas market.
• Expanded capacities and product portfolio with focus on international markets.
• Installed heavy duty presses with latest robotic technology with high productivity
• Website: www.ramkrishnaforgings.com
Sector: Building Material / Cement, Listed in India
• Three decade old company engaged in cement manufacturing in southern states of India
• The company is now adding capacities to cater to the demand in the eastern and central states of India
• The company will be a key beneficiary of the government spending on infrastructure in India as it expands manufacturing capacity
• Website: www.sagarcements.in
Sector: Electric Equipment
• Manufactures transformers used in power distribution, renewable energy, and telecom towers in India and oil rigs in the export markets
• Set-up new facility which has improved the efficiency and market for the company
• Website: www.shilchar.com
Sector: Media & Entertainment
• One of India’s largest Film and Entertainment Content House involved in aggregation, distribution, production and post‐production of film content.
• Its content library spans over 2,900 titles of which over 700+ titles are perpetual rights (wholly owned) and the remaining 2,000+ titles are aggregate rights (partially owned).
• To stay up with the emerging trends, Shemaroo is developing its over-the-top (OTT) platform to compete with the likes of Amazon Prime and Netflix.
• Huge upside from e-media delivery of content primarily to Indian diaspora
• Website: www.shemarooent.com
Sector: Petrochemical – Oils and Lubricants
• Panama Petrochem, founded in 1982, is a leading manufacturer and exporter of petroleum-based value-added specialty oils and lubricants.
• Panol Industries, UAE (100% subsidiary), caters to demand from the tyre, drilling, cosmetics, textile and transformer oils industries in the MENA and GCC region.
• Recently introduced high-margin drilling oils and emulsifiers which are expected to be in demand especially in Middle East.
• Website: www.panamapetro.com
Sector: Building Products
• Second largest player in the domestic cement asbestos market, has a wide distribution network of 6,000+ retailers with 85% of B2C sales.
• Recently introduced a unique roofing product called “ATUM” – an eco-friendly, energy efficient and solar energy generating roof.
• Expected to be a key beneficiary of India’s thrust on affordable housing and renewable energy.
• Website: www.visaka.co
• Manufacturer of high pressure plain and decorative Laminates for residential and commercial use under the brand names Violam, Fascia and Walkon
• Derives nearly 70% of its revenues from exports to nearly 60 countries
• Has Asia’s largest manufacturing facility in northern state of Haryana, India with a production capacity of ~12mn laminated sheets per annum.
• Website: www.stylam.com
Sector: Pipes and Plastic Products
• Manufacturer of a wide range of PVC pipes and fittings, micro irrigation systems, plastic moulded furniture and water tanks through its brands Kisan and KML Classic
• Expected to be a key beneficiary of a rise in construction activities as preference moves away from cement-based and galvanized iron (GI) pipes to plastic pipes for their strength and durability
• Website: www.kisangroup.com
Sector: Specialty Chemicals
• Manufacturer of specialty chemicals like coal tar pitch (CTP), carbon black, advanced carbon black, sodium naphthalene formaldehyde (SNF) and Naphthalene.
• Market leader in CTP with a 70% market share, a 17% market share in carbon black and a 40% market share in SNF.
• One of the few global producers to have received the requisite approvals for production of advanced carbon black which is used to manufacture the anode component in lithium ion batteries.
• Website: www.himadri.com